Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 8 - Israel 2010 - 8-26-2010

Important side note: Today is Unc's 24th Birthday. I remember the day he was born - the day our world changed by the addition of the one we called "The Boy." Sweet kid, tough start - but he was my baby. All those nights he cried and cried - Mom and Dad had just had it since it was so often....and every night....I would sneak into his room (I was 11) take him out of his crib....and rock him to sleep. We bonded. I love that boy. Always have - always will be my baby...no matter how many of my own I have. Love you Unc - you are the best brother or uncle anyone could ask for!! (Don't worry; you aren't old - even if I was married at your age!)

Today we got up and drove to Bereishit - Genesis, to have a visit with Avram in his tent. When we first arrived we saw all of the camels! The kids just LOVED them - and love sitting and watching them...and taking pictures of them - (we have almost 100!) And taking pictures of their poop - god help me...promise, I'm not posting those!!

Bob took one for the blog - he said we don't post faces! ROFLMAO
After we were greeted by the camels, we were greeted by Eliezer, Avram's servant. He brought us into the top building and gave us a history of where Avram had traveled from - Ur - present day Iraq, to Haran - present day Turkey, to C'Naan - present day Israel.

We then loaded about half the group onto the camels for a walk down to Avram's tent. J and Bob, Puppy and Mom went on first.




Some traveled by camel - others of us walked down the nice wide path!

View from Avram's tent!
Once we got down to Avram's tent - we were greeted by "Avram" who served us water and dried fruits.


Belle even got to do a demonstration with Avram!
Then! It seemed as though Avram's nephew Lot took all the pita Avram was planning on serving us....SOOO he invited us to make our own with him.

Then Avram backed them for us!
After we ate our pita - it was time for the other half of the guests to camel ride back to the top of the hill. That left me, Bean and Belle.
Belle gets the front of the white beauty!
Bean and I had our turn - the camel behind loved to scratch its ear on Beans leg!
BUT...for some reason we didn't return the way we came down....remember that wide path? Nope - we took the short cut around the side of the mountain!!
OK - it doesn't look as deep from here - but I'm telling you!
View from my camel....looking straight down!
Where is that path!?!?
After our experience - we went to Ben Yehuda Street in Jerusalem for lunch and some shopping. We came away with a jackpot of kippot for all three boys! The girls and Bob got necklaces. And while we stretched them to their breaking point of a long day. They really did quite well. And were thrilled to return for a BBQ at the S's house!


Back to Ra'anana and a quieter day tomorrow!

No comments: