Thursday, July 17, 2008

Call from pre-school...

I got a call Wed afternoon form Puppy's teacher, saying he has a boo boo on his side - it was warm and hard and I needed to take him to the Dr. Now my favorite ped is on vacation - so I go see the one of the other two. He tells me it is an abscess and that he needs two different antibiotics twice a day. I remind him about Puppy's allergy to penicillin and he asked what happened when he had it. I told the Dr. that Puppy had had a full body rash - and we pulled him off. Dr. J said that wasn't an allergic reaction and he wanted to give it again because it would be the best for the abscess...He sent me home to get him the meds and put him in warm bath to loosen the yuck inside.

Fast forward two doses - and it is 1:30am on Thursday - our boy walks into our room with a red face that is VERY warm - I take his temp thinking it is the infection....his body is absolutely cool, but his face red and hot. I called the Ped - the third Dr. - Dr. N in the practice called back - she - not one of my favorite people, but that is a story for another time.... she said stop the meds, bring him in first thing - and we'll change what he is getting, but also give him some benadryl.

Fast forward to 7am - his face is BRIGHT RED - HOT - and now SWOLLEN -- he was breathing fine - but looked like Unc did when he was mango boy.... No one answered at the Dr. office, unlike when Dr. R is there --

I took Bean and dropped her of - J took Bob and Belle to camp and then took Puppy right in -- Dr. J got pissy with J for not calling first -- I was pissed...here he was having this reaction - it was either the office or the ER....

So home again, home again - now my poor boy is on 1 medicine - 4 times a day -- 2.5 tsp of YUCKY stuff... we are not above bribes!! Take your meds and he gets some choc chips!!

But it for sure put things in perspective -- other things were happening...but my boy was going to be ok -- quite emotional....

No comments: