Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Strength to strength

Dear JCADA Family,

It is with many emotions that I offer my resignation.

We find ourselves at a crossroads--at a time we can evolve. I know the role I have played guiding and nurturing JCADA into what it has become. One of the greatest challenges of leadership is knowing when to pass the baton and allow an organization to grow under the gaze of fresh eyes. After much reflection, I believe that time is now.

Together, we have built an organization that is not only central to our community, but more importantly, one that has saved countless lives -- among them our neighbors, our friends, and our family.

I look back on the past 10 years with great pride.

Together, we grew from assisting with case management for a handful of abuse victims to providing direct clinical services to almost 1000 victims of gender and power based violence.

We created a legal program that grew far above and beyond what anyone had imagined.

We grew from educating dozens of Rabbis as to what domestic abuse looked like, to educating thousands of community members and multi-faith clergy about gender based violence and how to respond.

We grew from an organization fighting to get into a few schools, to sought-after provider of healthy relationship programming in the DMV, and official educational content provider for Montgomery County’s Choose Respect.

I am humbled to have had the opportunity to serve as JCADA’s executive director this past decade and I thank you. I am confident that I am leaving JCADA firmly in capable hands.

May JCADA and all those we serve continue to go from strength to strength.



No comments: